This is something I need so I’m posting it here for future reference. Who knows, somebody else might find it useful too. I’ll spare you from both the technical and the medical terms though. If the wonder of why the following is on the list bothers you that much, “Googling” it would be your best option. So, on with the list.
1. Dark Chocolate – The darker the chocolate, the more healthy substances you’re getting in your diet, so look for bars that are 70 percent cacao or higher.
2. Skim Milk – Women who drank four or more servings of lowfat or skim milk every day were about half as likely to experience stress-related PMS symptoms than those who drank less than one serving a week.
3. Oatmeal – Aside from keeping you full for a much longer time, you can also be sure that your blood sugar is always in check if you make this your comfort food.
4. Salmon – I said I’ll spare you with the technical terms. Simply put it, the nutrients you get from eating salmon suppresses the production of hormones that cause anxiety. Believe me, I’ve done my best to make this sound as simple as possible. 😀
5. Walnuts – This helps lower blood pressure. Period.
6. Sunflower Seeds – Aside from dark chocolate, this is something that I hoped would be in the list. 🙂 Allow me to include something technical just this once. I just feel like it’s fun to know that sunflower seeds are a good source of folate – a substance that helps your body produce a “pleasure-inducing brain chemical called dopamine.”
7. Spinach – This may not exactly be the reason why Popeye loves Spinach but this actually improves your body’s response to stress.
8. Blueberries – Yum, yum. Blueberries help fight stress hormones in your body.
I think I’m gonna have to start planning a trip to the grocery store now.